Church Name: Holy Cross
Opened by Bishop Joyce at 100 Gloucester Street (Corner of Gloucester Street and Chancery Lane) on December 8, 1958, Fr T. Liddy being the first priest.
The building was a former office block (National Airways Corporation).
Church Name: Holy Cross
Opened by Bishop Joyce at 100 Gloucester Street (Corner of Gloucester Street and Chancery Lane) on December 8, 1958, Fr T. Liddy being the first priest.
The building was a former office block (National Airways Corporation).


A senior priest of the Catholic Diocese of Christchurch and

Catholic churches were dotted around Christchurch by mid-20th century. But

Sisters of Mercy at St Patrick’s Church, Greymouth, 1982 Ten

Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament Building Committee, February 1905 (Edward

391 Moorhouse Ave
Christchurch City 8011
03 366 9869
archives@cdoc.nz