Dallington 1st Church


Church Name: St Paul

Bishop Brodie bought a section of land in Gayhurst Road in 1925 and, using his own money, had a chapel of ease dedicated to St Paul built there for a Catholic population of 20 families. The Bishop celebrated the first Mass there in 1926 and handed the building over to the parishioners.

In 1957 a new church was opened and the old church became a classroom, as in the photo.


Related Posts

Dallington 1st Church