Church Name: Our Lady of the Assumption
“On Show Day 1952 Bishop Joyce signed a contract with R.L. (Bob) Kennedy, a well-known Christchurch builder, for the construction of a temporary church seating 200, and able to be converted later into a school. The request was made that perhaps the church could be finished by Christmas! Bob and his team took on the challenge and completed the building in 21 working days. So Fr Galvin was able to celebrate Midnight Mass there amid great rejoicing.” — parish golden jubilee book.