Church Name: St Teresa of Liseux
The Mount Somers church was dedicated to St Therese of Lisieux and opened in 1926 at the corner of Hoods Road and Buccleuch Street on land given by Mr Haziel Morgan, during the term of Fr Price as Methven parish priest. It served the area between Springburn and the Rangitata River.
The church was closed in November 2005, with a thanksgiving Mass celebrated by Bishop John Cunneen and Monsignor James Harrington who at that time was priest with pastoral responsibility for the Methven parish and Fr Frank Kennedy SM, a former parish priest.
The building and land were sold at auction in April 2006 to a private buyer for $128,000.