Built in 1886 or 1887 by Fr J.J. O’Donnell, Mr Arnott being the builder, at a cost of £320. It was situated in the township whereas the earlier church was a little distance from the township. It was blessed and opened by Bishop Redwood in 1866. The earlier church remained in place for a further 36 years until it was moved to Ngahere.
Related Posts
- Dallington 2nd Church
Church Name: St Paul Damaged by the Christchurch earthquake in 2010 and subsequently demolished
- Kaniere 2nd Church
Church Name: St Joseph Believed to have been built about 1920 to replace the earlier…
- Riccarton 2nd Church
Church Name: St Therese of Lisieux The stone church of St Therese was built in…





