Church Name: St Mary
St Mary’s church is listed in the 1892 parish returns as costing £100. A further reference to it in the 1895 return as being called St Brigid’s is probably incorrect, but here the completion date is given as August 1884. A school was opened in 1901.
The church was closed on May 9, 1982, the closing Mass being celebrated by Bishop Ashby.