Church Name: St Martin de Tours
(Photos courtesy of Beckenham Parish)
Although a side church of the Beckenham Parish under Monsignor Kennedy, St Martins operated virtually as a parish in its own right, administered initially by Fr Basil Meeking. Mass was celebrated initially in the St Martins Library but the church, designed by George Fenton and built by Jack and Ted O’Loughlin, was dedicated in October 1955. It was closed in the 1990s. The large stained glass Tree of Life window is now in St Peter’s church, Beckenham.