Church Name: St Luke
Stafford was also known as Staffordtown. The Church of St Luke was opened by Fr McDonough in 1868. In 1948 during Fr J.S. O’Brien’s time as Kumara parish priest it was dismantled and parts used to build the Awatuna church.
Related Posts
- Awatuna
Church Name: Immaculate Heart of Mary. In 1947 the Stafford church of St Luke and…
- Dallington 2nd Church
Church Name: St Paul Damaged by the Christchurch earthquake in 2010 and subsequently demolished
- Greymouth 1st Church
A small church was opened in Arney Street, Greymouth on December 10, 1865, but was replaced…





