Church Name: St Patrick
Built by Fr John Goutenoire and opened in 1876 by Bishop Redwood. Mass was originally celebrated in the home of Mr Tooher, later, as congregations grew, in the Temperance Hall. In 1909 the church was replaced by the present St Patrick’s church. The building was moved to Washdyke on the northern outskirts of Timaru in 1936 where it became a church in the Timaru North parish.
(Photo courtesy of John Foley, Waimate)