Church Name: St Patrick
Built in 1876 in Waimate, this building served as parish church there until 1909. It was moved to make way for the building of the present Waimate church, becoming a hall. In 1936 it was sold and moved to Washdyke, but while in the course of reconstruction the tower and spire were blown down in a force eight gale on November 4. The structure was broken in three, the spire beyond repair. The tower and belfry were repaired and erected and topped with an octagonal wooden ‘drum’ with a smaller spire to bring the whole to the original 60 foot height.
These additions were removed at a later date, leaving a flat roofed tower. The church was opened by Bishop Brodie in March 1937, having been moved and re-erected at a cost of £980. The church was closed on June 7, 1998, with the final Mass being celebrated by Bishop John Cunneen.