Church Name: St Mary
Fr Servajean was appointed Ahaura parish priest in 1897 and immediately began collecting for a new church as the old one was too small. The church, which cost £350, was opened debt-free in 1898. Its architect was J.A. Eissenhardt, builders Currie Brothers. It was still standing in1971. Fourteen months after arriving at Ahaura Fr Servajean was transferred to Christchurch.