Church Name: St Joseph In 1894 a more substantial church was built at Southbridge, on a new site. In later years the Catholic Church it was
Church Name: St Joseph The Church of St Joseph was opened on September 8, 1878 at a cost of £580/8/6. It was built by Samuel Early.
Church Name: St Teresa of Liseux The Mount Somers church was dedicated to St Therese of Lisieux and opened in 1926 at the corner of
Church Name: St Patrick or Our Lady and St John The first Methven Catholic church was built on a half-acre site at the corner of
Church Name: St Ita The church of St Ita at Hinds was opened on November 5, 1911 on a one-acre site west of the township,
Church Name: St Thomas More Mass was celebrated at Waterton as early as 1888 when the Ashburton parish administrator, Fr Nicholas Binsfeld SM, received complaints
Church Name: Church of the Holy Name of Jesus. Second Church. (photo courtesy of Marist Archives, Wellington) The foundation stone for Ashburton’s second church was laid
Church Name: Holy Name (photo courtesy of Marist Archives, Wellington) The name of this church is likely to have been Holy Name, as all later churches in