


Church Name: St Mary’s (photo courtesy of Marist Archives, Wellington) The first St Mary’s church was opened in August 1890 at a cost of £1540. It

Church Name: St Mary (photo courtesy of Marist Archives, Wellington) Bishop Redwood instructed Fr Laurence Ginaty in 1881 to divide the Christchurch parish in two and

Church Name: Holy Cross Opened by Bishop Joyce at 100 Gloucester Street (Corner of Gloucester Street and Chancery Lane) on December 8, 1958, Fr T.

Church Name: Blessed Sacrament Designed by Benjamin Mountfort and erected under the supervision of Fr Chataigner SM. The building was enlarged several times and after

Church Name: Probably not named. Later became St Leo’s Academy (photo courtesy of Marist Archives, Wellington) This church was probably not named. On Rosary Sunday, October